Dental Surgical Microscope
We have invested in the Leica Dental Microscope, which is the only purpose-made dental microscope with impressive illumination and magnification.
Not only this, but its design capabilities render the microscope hygienic and makes for effortless infection control especially with its joint-less components and its AgProtect™ antimicrobial coating.
Our Periodontal treatments are highly advanced and are one of the best in Essex, South East England. Our periodontists are fully trained and offer treatments to the highest of standards.
Benefits of using a dental microscope:
- We are able to obtain magnified visualisation. This allows for detailed work to be carried out which is important when we are looking at tiny structures and/or fine tissues. Also the microscope is particularly useful for endodontic (root canal) or periodontal work. Often the tooth looks sound at the macroscopic level but it seems as if it is a different tooth entirely when seen at the microscopic level.
- Looking at treatment under a microscope opens up a whole new world of vision. Using a dental microscope to work has provided us with more accurate information.
- Seeing the teeth, gums and bones in such a detailed way also allows the development of finer neuro-motor skills so that we have a more deliberate and precise touch when carrying out the treatment. This means the microscope allows better efficiency whilst doing the actual treatment.
- We can also obtain better quality of treatment since treatment is done at a microscopic level thus enhancing the longevity of the treatment.
- Superior vision allows for enhanced diagnosis. We are able to identify actual deteriorations and discrepancies that may not be as clear with the naked eye. For example we can see fracture lines that if left unchecked they can lead to premature failures via propagation or cracking of the tooth.
Crisp, clear images allows for better dentistry and thus better treatment outcomes. Patients recently from: Basildon, Wickford and South Benfleet.
Next: Our Dental Services