This is a dental implant treatment that is commonly used in cases where all the teeth are missing (edentulous) in an arch or a patient has a terminal dentition where the plan is to extract all the remaining teeth. We carry this treatment out at our London dental clinic.
The concept was first introduced in 1998 using Nobel Biocare dental implants and since has increased in popularity due to its simplistic yet efficient nature. Nobel Biocare has scientifically documented research on the proper clinical use of this technique.
It is a treatment that commonly uses four implants to support a fixed prosthesis like a bridge. The prosthesis can hold from between 10 and 14 teeth on it depending on the individual circumstances. It remains a popular dental implant treatment at Al-Fa Perio. The benefits of a dental implant.
- Minimally invasive surgical treatment. This technique rehabilitates a full arch using only four dental implants, therefore it is minimally invasive with limited surgical time.
- Immediate Loading. The new teeth can be used within 24 hrs of surgery with Immediate loading implants. This means that the placement of the dental implant, the abutment and the bridge is all secured in the mouth on the same day of surgery. The patient is able to leave the practice and be able to use the teeth. This concept is called Immediate Loading or Immediate Function.
- Use of angulated or tilted implants. This procedure does not require any additional bone or gum grafts. This is because it makes use of specially tilted or angulated implant abutments which gets over the problem of not having sufficient bone. It is used to overcome structural and anatomical deficiencies. This means that the implant itself is placed in a position that is correct for the type of bone quantity and quality, yet the implant tooth is placed in the position that is correct for the aesthetics and function. This difference in the two positions is made up by using angulated implant abutments. This concept has revolutionised how we restore edentulous cases.
- Reduced need for additional procedures like gum and bone grafts. This is a simple treatment only requiring four implants and no additional procedures.
- Affordable. Since only 4 implants are being used to restore the entire arch this becomes a very cost-effective procedure.
- Higher rate of patient satisfaction. Since patients are able to eat and chew very soon after the surgery and do not have to wait for an integration period, there is a huge comfort and satisfaction rate with this treatment.
With traditional implant treatments, patients are often waiting from 3-8 months before the definitive prosthesis is provided. Hence, with All-on-4 is a rapid sense of satisfaction with a speedy return to normality with regards to chewing, aesthetics and self-esteem.
At Al-Fa Perio, we offer leading dental implant treatments, including All-on-4 dental implants, to create an orally-strong foundation for your mouth. Our extensive implant treatment planning is designed to get the very best results for you.