The aim of our dental implant treatment is to create a healthy, long-lasting oral foundation. To achieve this, your dentist will give you advice on how you can prepare for your treatment at our London dental clinic.
It is important to make sure you understand the whole process when opting for dental implant treatment. This increases the chances of the best possible results for your dental implant.
- Please read any paperwork and advice given to you before the treatment. We will be more than happy to go over any concerns or questions you may have.
- Pre-medications and normal medications should be taken as advised – if unsure please talk to us.
- Do not plan any major events after the implant treatment. It is better to keep your activity light.
- No smoking is allowed 10 days before and 2 weeks after treatment.
- It is best not to have alcohol 24 hours before the surgical treatment procedure.
- Eat a meal beforehand since you may not get to eat for a few hours after treatment.
- If you are wearing dentures these may need to be modified and adjusted to accommodate the implants. You may even need to use denture adhesive for a while. Subsequently, denture relining may be required to allow the denture to fit the new area.
- If you are undergoing sedation as well – you will need to bring a responsible adult with you; who will also stay with you for 24 hours after. You will not be able to drive or operate any machinery for 24 hours after the treatment.
At Al-Fa Perio, we carry out our leading dental implant treatments at our clinic in London. Throughout your treatment planning, we’ll provide you with any further information you need during the process.