Our Leading Specialist
Dr. Rana Al-Falaki is the principal expert on Laser Periodontology. She is the practice’s leading Periodontist.
Her vast experience has positioned her to be the “go-to” person in this field of dental gum disease treatment.
Dr. Al-Falaki has been able to produce some incredible results on teeth that otherwise would have deteriorated or even have to be pulled out. She has taken tooth preservation to another level.
Dr. Rana Al-Falaki has now trained and taught thousands of clinicians both in the UK and internationally, on the various techniques involving a myriad of different lasers.
She is also founder of numerous techniques that predominantly revolve around conservation of the bone and gum surrounding each tooth.
Laser technology has many benefits for Periodontal treatment when compared to traditional gum treatments. Visit our practice nearby to Chelmsford, Harlow and Colchester.
What Are The Benefits?
- Most minimally invasive approach to gum treatment. The use of lasers allows for less intrusion and although this is a surgical technique it almost doesn’t feel like it to the patient.
- The technique produces less trauma.
- Improved healing after treatment and thus less swelling, pain, sensitivity and soreness in the treated area.
- Some patients avoid treatment of their gums due to the concept of a surgical procedure perhaps being too painful. However, since lasers are less traumatic and less intrusive the treatment becomes more comfortable.
- Increases the speed of post foundational treatment. This means that the patients is able to have a fully functional mouth sooner rather than later.
- Less postoperative complications. This means that the treatment is more likely to be successful and have the increased longevity associated.
- Less gum recession post-treatment. This is important since the resulting area will have better aesthetics. This cannot be said of traditional periodontal surgery where unpredictable gum recession is often a major downside.
- Promotes bone regeneration. Traditional gum surgery focuses on elimination of infection. However, laser periodontal surgery not only eliminates infection but also encourages bone to re-form in the given area. This is particularly useful when dealing with more advanced gum disease where there are deeper gum pockets of infection.
The latest technology is used by all of our periodontists to produce the best results possible.