Gum disease is incredibly common in the UK, with approximately 80% of the population having some form of periodontal disease.
Although not all forms of gum disease can affect your oral health, gum disease won’t go away and will gradually worsen over time.
The early form of gum disease is often painless. Although, when left untreated, gum disease will gradually begin to cause issues.
This includes tooth decay, receding gums and destroying the bone and tissues surrounding and supporting each tooth. What causes gum disease?
There are a number of signs to look out for that may indicate that you have gum disease.
These signs include:
- Redder gums.
- Gums that are highly susceptible to bleeding.
- Bleeding when brushing teeth.
- Noticeable, swollen gums.
- General bad odour from the mouth.
- Painful, highly-sensitive gums.
- Loose teeth.
All the signs for gum disease can be caused by a number of factors that include smoking, stress and poor oral health. Find out more.
What Periodontal Treatments are available?
Periodontal treatments are dependent on the stage of gum disease you may have. Al-Fa Perio strongly believes in creating a healthy, oral foundation.
This means that our treatments are designed to improve the health of your teeth, gums and bone structure. Understand our signature periodontal examination.
- Laser Gum Treatment. Our award-winning London periodontal clinic offers leading laser gum treatment that offers many advantages compared to traditional gum treatments. With improve healing times, a minimalistic invasive approach and increased speed of treatment, our laser gum treatment have helped countless London and Essex patients. Find out more.
- Bone Regeneration. Our periodontists use laser periodontal therapy and our unique, Al-Fa technique that promotes bone generation initially lost through gum disease. Our innovative, laser therapy enables bone cells to regenerate in the previously affected area. Read more.
- Gum Recession Treatment. Al-Fa Perio offers gingival re-contouring and gingival grafting, with is available at our London periodontal clinic. The aim of these treatments is to encourage gum growth which will improve the oral health of your mouth and the appearance of your smile. Understand gum reconstructions.
- Dental Implants. We offer dental implant treatments to patients that may have lost their teeth due to gum disease. The Al-Perio periodontal clinic in London can assess, design and carry out your dental implant treatment today that will restore the natural appearance of your smile as well as restore your oral health to a high standard. Find out more.
At Al-Fa Perio, our team of award-winning periodontists are here to help eliminate, prevent and treat gum disease. Contact us today on 02085060701 or book an appointment to visit a member of our team at our London periodontal clinic.
Non-Surgical Periodontal Therapy Using Laser 2