Al-Faperio believes that having good oral health starts with creating a healthy foundation. Our periodontal assessment enables us to assess the current health of your gums, teeth and jawbones. The periodontal assessment makes sure that we offer treatment that is right for you. We carry out the assessment by assessing your:
The Gums or Gingivae is where we tend to focus a large proportion of our assessment and diagnosis. This is because your gums are the supporting structure for having healthy teeth. We assess and identify:
- Pocketing – We use special technology to help us identify accurately the level of gum disease in your mouth. If you have pocketing it means that there is an area of infection which requires professional facilitation and cannot be addressed by home care alone.
- Physical Appearance of the gums – We look for any colour or structural differentials. This can give us an idea of where we need to focus our efforts.
- Pain, tenderness and/or swelling – This gives us an indication of the origin of the infection.
As well as the gums we will also assess the other soft tissues in your mouth like cheeks, throat and tongue to assess for any pathology.
- Movement, drifting and/or spacing – If you have any of these conditions, we can build a treatment plan that prevents this type of movement post-treatment. We can put a treatment plan together alongside your dentist.
Extent of Mobility
- We assess the extent of mobility as it allows us to understand the level of damage that has occurred.
- This assessment allows us to identify deteriorating areas that may be extremely difficult to keep clean. The furcation area is the space between the origin of the roots of the tooth.
Infection or decay
- This part of the assessment can be done with your dentist too. This makes sure that any existing infection is swiftly dealt with.
Al-Faperio assesses the dynamics of the way you eat, chew and speak. We also work alongside your dentist to highlight any issues that may need to be addressed.
We also focus our examination of the final aesthetics of the teeth, gums and smile. To help us give you the optimal final outcome we use our Cosmetic Periodontal Assessment. A beautiful smile is not just cosmetically enhanced teeth; it is often a combination of the correct gingival architecture and proper lip support.
We facilitate the achievement of an aesthetic gum appearance that allows the teeth to give the illusion of correct alignment and position.
We have a whole host of Cosmetic Periodontal Procedures that we can draw from to achieve your desired results.
After we’ve completed our assessment, we are able to properly diagnose your condition. The results from the assessment enable us to make sure we offer viable treatment options for you.
We’ll fully explain in-depth the conclusions of your assessments, why we’re offering certain treatments and the fees associated with these options.
For more information about our periodontal assessment or for any other questions about our treatments, contact us on 020 8506 0701. You can also visit us at our Essex clinic by booking an appointment with us today.